That one time Dick Grayson brought both the Teen Titans and the JLA to a complete standstill just by being… Dick Grayson.
Should have been an ass shot.
^Truer words never been said.
He is only flesh and blood against a boy of steel. Eye wonder, will you blame yourself for what happens next?
[Infinite Crisis 6]
Thinking Luthor just killed Nightwing, Batman holds him at gunpoint.
Batman:The early years. I’ve forgotten if… They were good for you, weren’t they?Nightwing:The best.
Teen Titans v3 #006
Look at Dick being the level-headed party in all of this. He’s been a Titan, he leads the Outsiders, he was trained by Batman, and I’m pretty sure he’s part of the JLA at this point.
Dick Grayson is the mediator of the hero world.
I just like the fact that Bruce goes to Dick here because he needs somebody who’s nice
TITANS TOGETHER! Re-reading @geoffjohns great #TeenTitans work! So good!
- The current Batman timeline now goes back 10 years, with Batman “going public” in his fifth year. So Dick has been in commission for about 7 years now if we assume Batman: Year Three still exists.
- Higgins joked that he wasn’t very excited about writing Nightwing before honestly admitting that the character is his all time favorite for the second time.
- Higgins: “Dick Grayson is at a point right now where he’s had more exposure than he’s ever had…and he’s basically taking back on his own purpose and identity. The thing I always say about the book is that Dick’s an acrobat, so that kinetic energy is something we really want to embrace.”
- Dick Grayson will “play a big role” in Barbara’s life according to Gail Simone. Barbara is also 22—perhaps that means Dick is 22?
- “On Donna Troy and Cassandra Cain, the panelists are silent.” This is relevant to this blog because Donna is Dick’s best friend and Cass is Dick’s little sister, okay.
- Scott Lobdell says Starfire is “pretty much the same character we know,” and that her romantic past with Dick Grayson still happened. So we can guess New Teen Titans existed?
- A fan asked why Nightwing wasn’t on a Justice League team while Batman is on two. “I just don’t want Batman and Nightwing in JLA,” Johns said. “Plus, it’s not really fun to have a team player.” And then everyone booed and hissed at him (I assume).
- Scott Snyder: “To me Dick Grayson is a character who is more optimistic than Bruce. What Detective is about is really breaking Dick Grayson down, and showing him how evil and dark of a city it can be. That’s why the first arc is really about showing the ugliness.”
- Grant Morrison, on how he feels about Dick being Nightwing and not being partnered with Damian: “It’s happening and we’re making it work. I always thought they should let that go for 5 or 6 years, cause there’s something about the pairing that just works so well.”
Dick, I want to such terrible and amazing things with you
Dick gives Kate a very special present for her first Christmas as Batwoman. Vote for her for kickass DC woman here.